One of my friends is in Software Development. He Wants to Change His Career to ITIL-Based. What Can He Pick Up?

One of my friends is in Software Development. He Wants to Change his Career to ITIL-Based. What Can He Pick Up?

2 Likes

Software development follows a project management methodology. Software support, however, works based on service management. So if one wants to switch over technically, one should aim for software support. If one is interested in the management side of things, all the roles that ITIL offers are up for grabs.

To start with, one can manage incidents as an incident manager or by managing changes as a change manager. In short, on the management side of things, the roles are pretty switchable if you have the suitable mindset for it.

For example, if you are an organized and disciplined person, I recommend the manager’s role. If you are an excellent communicator and enjoy action, the incident manager is a proper role. And if you are the analytical type of person, problem manager should be your pick.

4 Likes